The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Guidance encourages students to register for dual enrollment

College is expensive, so why not get some credits in high school and make the process easier in the long run for those who plan to attend college?

Utilizing dual enrollment credits in high school gives students an advantage when they enroll in college down the road. 

“Dual enrollment gives me an opportunity to get ahead in the college game,” junior Sophia Gentile said.

The cost of dual enrollment credits is approximately $200-$300. Those same credits in college could cost upward of $1,000 or more.
“Students can earn college credits [in high school] for $100,” guidance counselor Mrs. Molly Blaut said. “It gives students access to cheap college credits.”

Dual enrollment is technically double enrollment, meaning students are enrolled in the class in high school and then they can possibly get the credits for the class in college as well. According to Mrs. Blaut, taking these types of classes looks good on students’ college transcripts. 

Not all colleges accept these types of credits, so it is encouraged to do research ahead of time. 

“If you were to do dual enrollment you should do the research on your college,” Gentile said. 

Taking advantage of dual enrollment could benefit a variety of students and their future in many aspects. 

“It varies on the student and what fits in their schedule and really depends on the college as well,” Mrs. Blaut said.