The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

‘Moana 2’ set to release this fall

The first “Moana” grossed a worldwide total of $687.2 million.  To follow up on this story, Disney is set to release “Moana 2” on Nov. 27 this year. 

Considering that the original “Moana” was reportedly one of the most viewed movies of 2023 helped make the decision to pivot from a series to a movie sequel. 

Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed the upcoming film on Feb. 7, while also revealing new details which depicted the movie’s return in a teaser trailer.

The follow-up to “Moana” was originally developed as a TV series but became a full-length movie after Iger was impressed with the footage.

Development on “Moana 2” began in 2020 as a television series for Disney Plus before being worked into a theatrical sequel by February 2024.

Shortly after the announcement that the series was being repurposed as a feature film Auli’i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson were confirmed to reprise their respective roles as Moana and Maui. 

The plot starts with Moana receiving an unexpected call from her ancestors, Moana must journey to the far seas of Oceania and into dangerous, long-lost waters for an adventure unlike anything she’s ever faced.

Disney has also announced a live-action remake of the first “Moana,” which is set to feature Johnson. While the live-action version has long been set for June 27, 2025, trade reports suggest that Disney will push the live-action movie back to 2026 so that they have more time for “Moana 2” and the live-action remake.