The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ to be Disney’s first R-rated movie

“Deadpool & Wolverine” is set to hit the big screen this summer on July 26. This highly anticipated debut marks its entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), representing Disney’s bold move of a Rated-R movie. 

It was originally slated for the fall of 2024, then moved up to May 2024. The film faced scheduling challenges due to the ongoing strike, ultimately solidifying its spot for this summer. Since Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox in March of 2019, fans have buzzed about the speculation about Deadpool’s future within the franchise. 

Fans will not have to grieve as Ryan Reynolds will be returning to his role as Deadpool, and Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine. 

The anticipation is high for this movie, with a promising abundance of action-packed scenes. 

In an interview, Jackman expressed his excitement, stating, “I’ll probably have more fun on this movie than any other I’ve ever done,” he said. 

With both Reynolds and Jackman sharing the screen, fans can expect relentless fights and constant clashes between the duo. 

Jackman reprising his role as Wolverine for the remarkable tenth time marks his inaugural entry into the MCU, adding an extra juice of excitement into the mix of movies.  

Speculation has swirled around this film, with rumors suggesting star-studded additions to the cast. Channing Tatum’s rumored appearance as the mutant Gambit adds an exciting twist, especially considering his previous association with a canceled solo film character. Another intriguing rumor involves Taylor Swift, possibly portraying either singing hero Dazzler or a rendition of Lady Deadpool. 

If these rumors are true, the third installment of the franchise promises to be an epic superhero movie, having a stacked cast of notable talents from both Hollywood and the music industry.