The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Second string festival held at high school auditorium

The high school hosted the district’s second annual string festival on Feb. 24, an event which celebrates the impact of orchestra across various grades and schools. The festival entails the culmination of each school’s talented orchestral artists coming together to perform a series of songs both jointly and individually for the audience.

The high school orchestra members arrived at the event as early as 9 a.m. to rehearse for the publicly viewable event, which would not begin until 4 p.m. that evening. Despite this year only being the second holding of the event, it was extremely successful, yielding a high turnout from students, parents and visitors. Featuring musical titles such as “DC Comics Superheroes,” “Baltic Dance,” and “Soon Hee Newbold.” The festival included a variety of musical pieces spanning several moods, historical contexts and time periods. The festival was organized by orchestra directors, Miss Lauren Flack for DVHS, Kayla Jones for DVES and SES and Deborah Loughren for both DDMS and DDES.