The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Band members perform at Marywood Wind Celebration

Band members in 9-12 grades participated in the Windband Celebration at Marywood University. The students auditioned on Feb. 2, and were then sorted into three separate bands based on their skill level. The different bands were the honor, latour and celebration bands. 

The students who were accepted into the bands were freshmen Sam Carlozzi, Eric Choi and Claire Choi, sophomores Chase Gillette, Gideon Yost and Emma Smith, juniors Matt Sicina and Soren Allen and seniors Olivia Choi, Nick Colavito, Shaleigh O’Leary, Eunice Choi, Jessie Dijan, Emma Dolcemascolo and Cameron Maino.

Once the students arrived at Marywood, auditions were held from 9:30 a.m to 11 a.m. They started rehearsing at 12 p.m. Each band rehearsed five to six songs for the concert. 

“My favorite part was being with like-minded people who were equally passionate,” Olivia Choi said. “Their dedication really put the concert on a whole new level.”

The entire concert band was invited to perform during their concert in recognition of their excellence and dedication to music. Band teacher Mr. Richard Bullock also received an honorary plaque for the band performing and for being an alumni of Marywood University.