The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Jacob Albaugh commits to Lehigh university

Senior Jacob Albaugh recently signed with Lehigh University to continue his athletic and academic career at a Division I school. Albaugh was named District 2 All-Star, Lineman of the Year and a three-time All-League tackle. 

Albaugh decided to sign to a DI school because he knew he had the necessary skill set and wanted to challenge himself by playing at an elevated level in college. 

According to Albaugh the recruiting process is tough because it is hard to be noticed by colleges. 

“The recruiting process was definitely hard, but I got myself out there really well with football camps and got the attention I wanted,”Albaugh said.

Jacob chose Lehigh because of their engineering program and the close proximity to home. They also had a team that he could see himself playing for. 

“Lehigh was already an interest for me when I was doing a normal college search, but the football offer made it even better,” Albaugh said. 

Albaugh has been perfecting his craft for a long time. He spent countless hours in the weight room and practiced everyday. He said that the only limiting factor was getting himself out there and staying motivated. 

His toughest challenge in football was when he switched to being a left tackle his sophomore year. 

“I’m right-handed so switching everything to the opposite side was very weird for a while, but nowadays I prefer to be on the left,” Albaugh said.