The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Intermediate Foods B students go on field trip to John’s of Arthur Ave.

John’s of Arthur Ave. owner Colin Smith teaches the class how to knead the pizza dough.
Photo by Contributed Photo

FACS teacher Mrs. Leslie Peters took her Foods B students to John’s of Arthur Ave. Restaurant and Pizzeria to learn about the pizza dough making process on March 13. 

Restaurant owner Colin Smith gave the students a tour of the restaurant. Smith showed the students how everyone works together and the purpose of tools in the kitchen. He then went on to show the students the process of making pizza dough.

After the students saw the process of making the dough, they got the chance to make their own dough.

Two days after the trip, Smith came to the school with the dough they made after it had a chance to rise and proof. 

Once the students saw their finished dough, they continued making their pizza.

“To allow the kids to see the process start to finish in a professional environment was amazing,” Mrs. Peters said.

The students who went on the trip said it was a great opportunity.

“It was very interesting to learn how to make pizza dough,” junior Brady Colville said.