The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Mr. DeLauro assumes new high school principal role

Transferring from the 12th-grade and CTE assistant principal position to high school principal, Mr. Lou DeLauro believes that the community consisting of the staff team helped the transition process run smoothly and efficiently.

Having worked at the school district for a total of 22 years (12 years at the high school and 10 years at the middle school), Mr. DeLauro believes that relationships were a crucial part of the learning process of the adjustment period.

Even after the promotion, Mr. DeLauro still believes that the student body is strong in every aspect academically and socially and hopes that this year and going onward, the students take advantage of every opportunity given to them. He advises them to put their best effort forward to be the best they can be.

A change in perspective to include the entirety of the school was the main reason why Mr. DeLauro decided to change to a higher position. He also said that he hopes his influence on the school community will be different because he is in a more impressionable role. He said that his personal goals for the school’s future and the community is reachable with the position change.

In the position shift process, Mr. DeLauro states that his responsibilities have increased but nothing has yet to stress him out. He also states that he has no concerns regarding the school and its student body. Alternatively, Mr. Delauro has expectations of students, like stated before, to take advantage of any and every opportunity they can find, and find success with their school life.

Additional facts about Mr. DeLauro:

Favorite colors: black and white

Preference: dogs>cats

Favorite cuisine/food choice: Chinese cuisine and/or seafood