The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Swift breaks records with release of ‘The Tortured Poets Department’

Taylor Swift has dropped her 11th studio album, “The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology,” which was a surprise double album release that included her previous album announcement of “The Tortured Poets Department” or “TTPD”. This album adds 31 new songs to Swift’s discography. 

Some critics have claimed that her album is too repetitive and feels like one song blending together. This has not stopped fans from streaming her album non-stop. Shortly after the release, Spotify announced that “The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology” is the first album to reach 1 billion streams in a single week on the platform.

The album has two songs with features which include “Fortnight” with Post Malone and “Florida!!!” with Florence + The Machine. Both of these songs are excellent additions to the album and add diversity as these are both artists she had not made music with in the past. 

In typical swiftie fashion, fans have already begun speculating about which songs correlate to people and events in her life. So far fans are assuming that “The Alchemy” and “So High School” are about Swift’s current boyfriend football star, Travis Kelce. Both of these songs display a youthful and romantic vibe. This is why fans are assuming it is about her latest romance. It is also rumored that “So Long London” and “Tortured Poets Department” are about her long term ex-boyfriend Joe Alwyn. Swift also broke the record for the largest sales week for an album on vinyl in the modern era with 700,000 copies being sold.