The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Students prepare for suicide prevention poster contest

Art teacher Mrs. Krystine Thompson’s Graphic Design students are working to produce posters to enter in Prevent Suicide PA’s 2024 Public Service Announcement (PSA) Poster Contest. Poster entries must be submitted by Dec. 15.

The proofs of the posters are already available to the students, who are now putting the finishing touches on their work. The finished posters will be roughly 18 by 24 inches.

Once posters have been submitted, there will be a school-wide vote starting Jan. 22 and continuing until Feb. 16. According to Mrs. Thompson, the current plan is for students to access the voting page via a Schoology link.

The eight-person Graphic Design class is also working on a bullying prevention poster to enter a contest being held by social worker Mrs. Amy Letwinsky. Four students are working to create their suicide prevention poster, while the others are making bullying prevention entries.

The school-wide vote will only involve the suicide prevention posters, and the bullying prevention contest is a separate school competition.

The PSA rules regarding poster submissions and messaging are listed on their official website. Students interested in learning more about the various competition categories can visit psa.preventsuicidepa.org.