The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Combo 11 students take top three in annual Rotary Club essay contest

Rotary Club, also known as Rotary International, is a non-profit organization that is devoted to helping the community. 

In this year’s essay contest, junior Marisa Gates won first place and $300. She will compete at the district level later this year where she will have the chance to win up to $1,000. Second place winner junior Ava Kraszewski won a prize of $200, and junior Payton LaRocco won third place and $100. Winners were announced Feb. 14, and all winners are in the Combo 11 class. 

This year’s writing prompt for the contest was about creating hope in the world to help support mental health in communities, schools, families, and friends. 

On March 20, the winning students will attend a luncheon at the Dimmick Inn with the Rotary Club. The students will read their essays to the members of the Rotary Club and receive their checks at the luncheon. 

“I am so proud of the three winners who took time to highlight some of the ways our community can address mental health issues,” English teacher Mrs. Leslie Lordi said.