The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

10th annual Veteran’s Day Dinner honored local soldiers

On Nov. 9, the club Junior Historians hosted their 10th annual Veteran’s Day Dinner to honor the men and women who have served our country. There were approximately 85 veterans who attended this event.

“The dinner could not have been possible without the support of the district and the dedication of the club members to make this all happen,” club adviser Mr. Guzenski said.

During the dinner there was a table that was reserved for the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice and didn’t make it home.

The dinner was catered by John’s of Arthur Avenue and served by the members of Junior Historians. The dinner consisted of chicken parmesan, penne pasta and broccoli. Members of the culinary program prepared a charcuterie board and salad for the appetizer. For dessert, attendees were served a marble cake with buttercream frosting.

Jazz band members junior Caden McGoey, senior Kjartan Maher, junior Matthew Sicina, senior Shaeleigh O’Leary and senior Emma Dolcemascolo practiced on their own to prepare entertainment for the guests. At the beginning of the dinner the “Star Spangled Banner” was sung by senior Mia Jean-Francois along with a welcoming speech by Junior Historians Press Secretary Hailey Kelly.

One of the guests, Ms. Lemon requested that the club acknowledge each branch as well as read a poem and prayer about veterans. Ms. Lemon led the veterans in a singing of “God Bless America.”

“The veterans dinner has been a big part of my high school experience to be vice president and showing how much we care,” vice president senior Carmela Riccio said. “I hope it shows them how much we all care for all they did for our country.”