The Student News Site of Delaware Valley High School

Del.Aware

Issue 6 Distribution on April 18

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

Del.Aware

SAAC members share Morgan’s Message at dedication game

During the girls basketball game on Feb. 15, a Morgan’s Message dedication game was held. 

To prepare for this game, Morgan’s Message ambassadors, junior Ava Kraszewski and senior Adrianna Buchanan reached out to the local Morgan’s Message liaison. The liaison sent the girls bracelets and stickers to hand out at the game to the varsity team and the opposing team.

SAAC volunteers set up a table outside the gym to sell T-shirts, extra stickers and bracelets. They also tried to receive donations. Brochures about what the organization is about were also handed out.

SAAC volunteers set up the gym by decorating it with balloons and streamers.

Before the game began, a speech was made about the goal of the organization and the importance of ending the stigma around athletes’ mental health. 

To bring awareness to the dedication game “We Want You” posters with the date of the Morgan’s Message dedication game posted on it were hung around the school. 

SAAC is planning to host a girls lacrosse, boys lacrosse and boys baseball dedication game in the spring.

For the girls lacrosse dedication game last year, they had Morgan’s Message warmup shirts for both teams. The shirts included the Morgan’s Message symbol but modified to have both teams colors in the butterfly. According to SAAC adviser Mrs. Krystine Thompson, they are hoping to be able to do that again this year. 

Kraszewski loves being a part of the organization.

“My favorite part of being an ambassador is letting other athletes know about the organization, and that they’re not alone,” Kraszewski said.